We are participating providers with Medicare, Medicaid (Maryland & Washington D.C.), and most private insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company regarding the details of your speech, language and voice therapy benefits.
We are participating providers with the following:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Core Source
- Great West
- Medicaid (Maryland & Washington D.C.)
- Mutual of Omaha
- Optimum Choice
- United HealthCare
- We also accept out-of-network benefits
If you do not see your insurance company listed below, please contact your insurance plan’s member services department to inquire whether the Speech & Voice Experience is a participating Provider. We may also be listed as The Language and Voice Experience and Leslie S Kessler and Associates PC.
Understand Your Insurance Policy
Before coming for an evaluation, it is important that you understand your insurance policy, its benefits and exclusions. The following questions may help guide your inquiry:
- Does my policy include a speech therapy benefit?
- Are there any exclusions to my policy?
- Is there a limit on the number of visits you will cover?
- Do I need to bring a referral, prescription, or authorization to my evaluation in order to be covered?
- Do I need a referral, prescription, or authorization for coverage of ongoing therapy sessions?
- Do I have a co-pay or co-insurance? If so, how much for a specialist?
- Do I have a deductible? Have I met my deductible? How much of the deductible is remaining?
- Do I need a letter of medical necessity from my physician?
*Please note that according to the fine print in most insurance policies, having a speech therapy benefit does NOT guarantee payment. Services rendered and not covered by insurance may be the patient’s responsibility.